Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Quotes from Older Siblings

Now that Baby Brother is home, it has been fun to see the responses from all three older siblings.
 
Little Man just can't get the smile off his face.  He keeps telling us "I can't believe I have a little brother.  I knew the baby was going to be a boy.  I can't believe God gave me a brother."  Of course all these comments with quite the smile.  He is already planning on teaching him to play baseball, and ride a bike.  He can't wait to take him out to the land with daddy and he doesn't quite understand why Baby Brother will have to stay close to mom for the first year.  He said all him and daddy need is a bottle for baby and they will take care of him.
 
Little Man also wants to know why he can't eat table food yet and when he is going to get some teeth; why does he sleep so much and when can he play with him.
 
Purple Girl just can't wait to be a mommy on her own.  She wants to hold Baby Brother all the time and will say comments like "When I am a mommy, I will put the burp rag on my shoulder and burp my baby.  When I am a mommy I will put a nursing cover on to feed my baby.  When I have my own baby...."  Of course she calls Baby Brother her baby now. 

While mommy was still pregnant, she told us that she doesn't like baby boys, but only baby girls.  I kept telling her she would love a baby brother, but she didn't believe me.  Since baby has been born, she told me on her own "mommy, I didn't know if I would like a baby brother when he was in your belly.  But now that he is out, I do like him." 
 
Daddy came home from a business meeting yesterday and she ran up to dad excited and saying "Daddy, we kept all of the baby at home today."  Not sure what she meant by that, but she was thankful.
 
She also wants to know when Baby Brother can play with her and has to show him every toy she is playing with.  She wants to be close to him, touching him, and giving him kisses.  It bothers her that he sleeps so much, so she likes trying to find ways to "wake him up."
 
Although she wants to help a lot, she doesn' want to change any dirty diapers yet.
 
And Busy Bee - she still LOVES this little boy.  She enjoys sitting next to mom and saying over and over and over and over again "Baby mommy, Baby.  Baby eyes, Baby nose, Baby hair, Baby ears.  Baby Baby Baby Baby." 
 
She was a little hesitant on our first day home when Baby cried.  She started crying herself and was quite upset that her little brother seemed to be upset.  But, it seems like we have worked through that and now she is okay with him making some noise.
 
Needless to say, Baby Brother has been welcomed home with a lot of love.  He has three very anxious and excited older siblings who can't wait to play with him.  They are ready for him to start talking, moving, and eating...mom, on the other hand, is thankful for the stages he will go through...one at a time.
 
I am sure more comments from the kids to come...but I had to share the above before I forgot them.
 
Love to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment